So, since we arrived in Korea I have been itching to go into a Korean cosmetics store. During our ventures into various Downtowns I have seen numerous cute little stores but I have been much to scared to actually step into one (pathetic, I know). Since my track record on going in to new places is to immediately panic, grab random crap off the shelves, pay and then scratch my head about stupid purchases once I am home I decided that this time I would do some research on one store, make a list of what I wanted and then go into the store prepared! Well, as the saying goes…the best laid plans. Once I arrived in Daegu this past weekend for some reason most of the stores were having sales going on so instead of just going in to one store, I think I ended up going into 4. But, my preparation helped me out immensely as I got most of what I wanted and then just other stuff because I was suckered in with the adorable packaging! So…here is an overview of what I got at each store (I must say I think I showed a great deal of restraint!).
So like I said, I had made a list of the stuff that I wanted from this store and then I ended up leaving it at home. I did end up getting most of the stuff I wanted and have had a chance to try out some items.
What I got:
- Precious Mineral Any Cushion…I think the new trend with BB cream is to put it in a compact, its really interesting since it looks like a normal compact (albeit a little fatter) and you lift a plastic seal and underneath is a sponge that keeps all the BB cream from falling out. I have used this and I really like it.
- Brush Cleaner…for your makeup brushes. I forgot to bring some and tried to wash my brushes with grape seed oil and dish soap, which ended up leaving my brushes greasy. I’m hoping this brush cleaner will do the trick on getting them clean and conditioned without leaving and nasty residue.
- Spray sunscreen…Josh and I burn too easily so I was glad to find this, we brought some with us but it is running low.
- Clay mask…as far as face masks go, this one is ok.
- Liquid eyeliner…not that impressed as it had glitter in it, I meant to get the brush tip version and failed.
- Mascara…for some reason I really wanted this one despite its tiny wand, it worked good for bottom lashes but not really for the top lashes and if I’m being totally honest I hate putting on mascara anyways and rarely do so.
- Lipsticks…the sale was buy one get one free! The lipsticks are creamy and come mostly in bright, dolly like colors which I like but I know is not to everyone’s taste. And seriously even if they were ugly colors I still would have bought them if only for the adorable packaging.
So apparently since I’m a foreigner I could sign up for some card that gives you 10% off your order and I got some pretty cool samples too.
NEXT UP…TONY MOLY
For some reason I find the name of this brand to be a little off putting. Nonetheless they were having a “50-20% OFF SALE” so I had to venture in. The only thing that really intrigued me here was this egg mask. The packaging was just irresistible and pretty silly considering there is only product in the bottom 3rd of the actual container. I tried the egg mask and it was ok, but not my favorite or life changing by any means.
And of course I got some little samples here as well, which included a whitening mask (for those days I’m feeling a little too tan) and some kind of serum.
SKIN FOOD…for now
Skin food was definitely a store that I need to do more research on before I go back- they had a lot of really neat looking products. They had some really nice looking scrubs and masks that I really want. But, I was good and only got some bath fizzes which ended up staining the tub green, but was totally worth it!
By the time we entered Innisfree I was pretty tired of shopping and only got some small trial size masks. They had quite a variety of various face masks and sheet masks that I want to try more of.
Overall I was really excited about my purchases and look forward to my next shopping trip!!!